Most doctors prefer to go for a full body checkup once a year, but you need it more frequently if you have some risk factors. Read this article to know more.
After the covid-19 pandemic, we all have started to take care of ourselves even more. Although even if you have a healthy lifestyle as well as eating style, you do need a routine health checkup. Neglecting a routine health checkup may become one of the most regrettable choices one could ever make.
So why is the checkup so important? When do you need it? And how to prepare for it? There are a lot of questions one may have before appearing for the check up. In this article we went through the importance of the regular checkup.
What are the benefits of regular checkups?
Regular full body health checkup can advantage your health in a lot of ways. Some major benefits are:
- Detecting diseases: Taking preventive measures is always a good step to live a healthy life. Getting a regular full body check up will help in detecting any severe health disorders at the right time.
- Saves life: Getting a routine health check will extremely benefit your health by detecting the diseases at the right time. Early detection of the disease can save your life, as certain life-threatening diseases can be very hard to treat at the later stage.
- Saves time: When the condition gets detected at the early stage of its span, the doctors will also start the medication as soon as possible. Treating a disease at its severe stage will take a lot more time than treating it at its early stage.
- Cuts your medical cost: When the disorder gets detected at an early phase, medical care will also start right away. Besides, severe disorders at its later stage may require medical care at the hospital. Hospitalization can be more pricey than early treatment cost.
- Encourages you to take care of yourself: Going for the health checkup once a year will give you details about your body. This will also help you to determine if you are at a high risk of developing a life-threatening condition. And with the guidance from your doctor you can get better.
When and how often should you get a health checkup?
As per most of the doctors, when and how often you should go for the checkup depends on several factors, such as your gender, age, health condition, medical history, and family medical history.
Healthcare experts generally advise to go for a health checkup:
- Twice in every two to three years if you are under the age of fifty
- Once in every three years, if your age is below fifty and are in good health
- Once a year if your age is above fifty
In addition to this, if you have an existing health complication, such as diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease then you need a health checkup more often than typical. In a few cases, the doctor will examine your health status and after that will make it clear when you need to visit for another checkup.
Who should go for a full body checkup?
Everyone at any age requires a full body checkup from time to time. However, if you have the following conditions, then you require the checkup more often than others. The risk factors include:
- If you have hypertension
- If you are overweight
- If you suffering from hepatitis C
- If you have HIV
- If you have diabetes
- If you are suffering from colorectal cancer
- If you have cancer (Such as lung cancer)
- If you smoke tobacco
- If you overuse alcohol
- If you drug abuse
If you are having any unexpected symptoms then call your healthcare provider immediately. You can find a full body checkup in bangalore easily. Look for the full body checkup near me, or thyrocare bangalore to book a checkup.